09 September 2011

Orientation

As usual we went around the room and introduced ourselves. But for some reason when they got to introducing me the room was already giggling. Or at least it seemed that way. I said something about Russian and violin and hoping to hear people say interesting things. At any rate, I'm the token exchange student and more than a handful of 22-ish Portuguese girls came up to me after and said we would be awesome friends (!) because I have so much energy (!) and they can just tell we will have so much fun (!).

Works for me!

2 comments:

Alice said...

How did you know what they were saying? Do the girls speak English or are you already that fluent in Portuguese?

K. Anderson said...

The program is in English so everyone there was quite fluent. Plus I've been told everyone under 30 speaks English pretty well. They thrive on tourism so I think they see the second language as beneficial.